Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year

So, Why a Blog, and why now right? Well easy… everyone’s doing it? LOL no but really why? Well since Chris is deploying I thought it would be a great way for him to see what has been going on in the family, without him racking up a gazillion dollar phone bill,. I also though it would be a great way for friends and family to stay in touch, and to chronicle our journey through life. Its also a new years resolution while we’re on that topic here are a few things I have decided to try my hand at this year
 

I resolve to:
 

-Not use Credit Cards-
 

Why?- well the ultimate goal is to be a better steward with our finances… and really, if you can’t pay cash for it, you can’t afford it…
 

-Log 1000 miles of exercise… through a combination of the elliptical, stair climber, treadmill, and bike-
 

Why? Well who doesn’t want to lose a few pounds right? Lol, rather than have a specific weight loss goal be a resolution (talk about setting one self up for failure) I thought this would be a great way to stay motivated, while working on becoming a healthier person
 

-BLOG at least 4 times a week-
 

Why? One of those random things… hopefully I will be able to keep up… I would love to say I could do it every day, but hey I barley remember to brush my teeth everyday, and I will admit, sometimes I forget…
 

-Be more kind and gentle to my husband-
 

Why? Well this one is super personal… any of yall who know me, well pistols to missiles is a very adept nickname… I love my hubby more than anyone could possibly love someone, and I think sometimes my actions don’t show that, especially when I’m freaking out over something that really isn’t a big deal… life is short… he needs to not only know, but feel everyday how important, special, cared for, and loved he is….
 

-Keep the house clean-
 

Why? Well this is embarrassing, but maybe if I put it out there I will be forced to deal with it, but, I never feel like my house is clean enough, and I know we always say that, but really, come over to my house on a random day, and you will feel much better about the state of yours… It brings on panic, sweaty palms, and possibly a nervous twitch, but I would love to be able to have friends drop by and be able to invite them in without worrying that they won’t be my friend anymore because of the mess…
 

So those are my top five resolutions, care to share yours… and please if you’re in the area… stop by… lol! Just call first… tee hee
 

Some Scripture for the New Year
 

2 Corinthians 5:17
Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new.
 

Philippians 3:13-14
Brothers and sisters, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.
 

Jeremiah 29:11
For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

No comments:

Post a Comment