Saturday, January 8, 2011

The Day After D-Day

So we made it through Day one without daddy, and I guess you can say day two as well... I have to admit (although I'm sure the novelty will wear off with time)  that the king size bed is super comfortable to sprawl out in... but I do find myself thinking he'll walk in the door at any moment... Layla kept asking for daddy, and I keep telling her he is at work for a long time, but I'm not quite sure she gets the whole picture, she's coping though... 

Today was First Friday with the squadron, which is a family potluck/social hour! It was wonderful to see all the ladies, and socialize... I see the other spouses who live on base often, but those who are in town don't make it up to base as regularly, so it was a great opprotunity to mingle.  Also this was the first First Friday with both squadrons, so it was wonderful to meet the ladies from the other group.  Layla was successful at breaking the projection movie screen, my sweet little girl loves buttons, and I'm not a great mom... they are so sneaky!

I signed up for a program called Pilates Anytime, and I'm super excited... They have different workouts posted all the time, and I'll be able to do it at home, or anywhere, and its relatively inexpensive ($18/month)... I'd been missing being able to take a class. Although I appreciate that the gym on  base has a "mommy room" (its got a play area for the little ones and treadmills, ellipticals, bikes, and a stair climber) I wish they had a daycare so I could do zumba... But I LOVE PILATES... I would love to get a reformer machine at some point in time... but for now I'll stick to the mat... I attribute the fact that I don't usually start showing until about 5-6 months to pilates all the time... and it will be nice to get back into the swing of things... I also find it incredibly relaxing and centering... I've tried yoga, and its fun as well, but it's difficult at my current size ;-p but maybe that will change...

Well now off to finish cleaning up... although it hasn't been perfect, I'm getting better at keeping up with cleaning up... I'm hoping that once I get a routine down it will become second nature... but to be honest, when the kids are both asleep I'd much rather be spending some "I" time than cleaning... but I guess that's life right... c'est la vie

Many Blessings,
Brige

Some Scripture For Today:

"Carry each other’s burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ." Galations 6:2

The power of the sisterhood of military spouses... I'm not worried, lonely, scared, or sad... they are so amazing and supportive and I am so thankful to have them with me on this journey...

1 comment:

  1. You're a great mom! Who wouldn't love to push a big red button! :) :) Let me know about football today. Alex slept thru the night, YAY! but that meant he was ready to play at 6am!

    ReplyDelete