Saturday, January 15, 2011

Friday Night Lights...

An amazing movie right... but no I had a wonderful day today... LGG and DCEG and I all headed into town to do some shopping at Target... putting together a Birthday/V-Day box for the hubsters, getting BIRD FOOD (the main purpose of the trip, realized there was none in my basket while we were in the checkout line LOL), and just trying to get out... 

We had another 3-5" of snow last night, I keep meaning to take pictures and post them, but you know me... I plowed the driveways, and headed into town, I'm always super nervous as we very rarely have ventured out without Chris... but LGG did amazing, no huge tantrums, and stayed with me, I think she gets distracted by all the "stuff" everywhere, but what little one doesn't... Denny of course rode along in his papoose which is always fun I love having him so close, and I can also schlep both kids while he's in it... 

We came back home... (made a detour to Taco Johns which has Churros... super yummy, make a bad day wonderful 3 weight watcher point churros, I joked with Chris once that I should just go on a churro diet, 10 of them a day, and I would be withing my points values... lol pardon the sidetracking)... and went straight over to the Duff's for the most delicious homemade pizza OMG so delicious... Lisa almost has me convinced that I need a bread machine, but I will stick with my "old fashioned" methods for now, its so wonderful to have neighbors, friends and sisters who are just so hospitable, and willing to open their homes and share time, it was welcome company!... 

The house was trashed... I let the New Years resolution go yesterday, Layla was up til 5am Friday morning, and I just did not have the energy or will power to keep up with her, so I let that one slide... but... I am sitting here now in a clean house... so I don't feel too bad... I called my mom griping about my true un-desire to clean at that moment, and her advice was to hire a maid... and that it is much easier to pick up one thing at a time, than 500... which I agree... I'm just not too good at the cleaning up as you go thing yet... one day (I hope) I will master it... but until then... I keep telling myself one room at a time... its just difficult... when the kids are finally asleep... I get to spend my leisure time cleaning... yay... insert sarcasm here... well anyways... I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed so if I'm sounding super whiny I'm sorry...  

Last night was fun though, Chris signed up for a pogo.com account and we played a few games of scrabble against each other, and Skyped for a few hours... it was great to see my husband, I feel like a part of my heart is missing, and seeing him and talking to him makes the distance feel just a little shorter. Layla enjoyed making drawings for her DADDDDYYY, she was drawing Christmas Trees, one for mommy, daddy, baby broder, and Layla... she just has the sweetest little heart to her... We are so blessed... anyways I hope yall had a wonderful Friday, and don't forget the PLAYOFFS tomorrow! Go Steelers and Go Pack...


Some Scripture for Today...

2 Corinthians 12:9-10 But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me.  That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

No comments:

Post a Comment