Thursday, January 6, 2011

D-Day....

So I spent the better part of last night attempting to make cinnamon rolls for the boys departure this morning... and can I say, while I think I'm pretty good at baking sweet stuff, cinnamon rolls might be my demise... Chris said they tasted great... but you know hubbies... lol! 

Anyways, I dropped Chris off this morning at about 3:45am... which was way to early... esp. since these days my body likes to hit the hay at around 2:30 or 3am... needless to say, this will be an interesting part on our journey.  Chris and I have never been apart for more than 5-6weeks ( he went to IFS when Layla was 2 weeks old)... so this should be interesting... I'm sure hoping that distance makes the heart grow fonder! I plan on spending some time soaking up the sun in San Diego come February, but until then, it will just be the kids, the birds, the snow, and me, living it up in MINOT :)   The past few days have been quiet... just getting things settled, packing, enjoying favorite meals etc. and anticipating this morning...
 Putting the boots on at home! I think I'm going to miss the early morning clomping around
 Loading the Layla Bunny to Drop Dad Off!
 Goodbye Kisses, Still sleeping...

Funny thing though... Chris headed off with his cellphones twin... which happens to be my cell... lol, again... but fortunately I used the website www.wheresmycellphone.com and called him on it repeatedly... I'm hoping the loud salsa music didn't get him in too much trouble or laughed at too hard... so on the way to the gym, I stopped by to get it... 


The New Years resolutions are going pretty well... the house hasn't been immaculate, especially upstairs, but... the dishes are mostly done and the only mess is Laylas play things so that is a major win! I've only logged 4 miles so far on my 1000 mile quest, but slow and steady wins the race...


After the gym Layla was crying for her friend Alex... it sounds more like Axe, but, its super cute, they play well and its nice to have girl time with a like minded mama... 


The rest of the day was relaxing, I'm super tired... been up since early this morning so tonight will be an early night.  Layla got to sleep early too... which is where I saw the largest snow bunny I have ever seen... 
Yup... Thats the Bunny! Its not a snow man... its a bunny!


Well Good Night All! Don't forget to pray for our troops!


Some Scripture To Read!

But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:31 

Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God. And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the saints. Ephesians 6:10-18

1 comment:

  1. The hug was adorable. Alex loves her too! :) Ready for another day!!

    ReplyDelete