Sunday, April 15, 2012

New Beginnings

Soooo... its been a while... lol... a few new things have happened: 
-Chris left again- he'll be back sometime in October/November-
-We're Still in Minot, ND-
-We had another baby!- Tres (we still haven't decided on a name) arrived Friday April 13th 2012 @ 2216... he is soooo teenie tiny... weighing in at only 6lb 7oz... which is well almost 2.5 lbs smaller than Baby D... and 18" long... but absolutely perfect in every way...

I can't begin to say how thankful I am to the wonderful women I have in my life... at a time where I could have felt so alone, and afraid, with my husband half a world away, well I don't think I've ever felt so cared for and surrounded by love and support...

My sister was supposed to be out here for Tres debut... but as we all know God, and babies all have their own funny sense of timing... so at 8:30 on Friday night I called Annie and asked her if she wouldn't mind being there for me... and my good friend Megan (Megan Morgan Photography) had agreed to take pictures so I could document the arrival... Erica watched LGG (her first slumber party)... and well I brought D with me... hoping he'd fall asleep on the way there, and then sleep through things like LGG had... that didn't happen so when Desi showed up with Annie, it was a God send... I got to the hospital at about 9:15 I think because I was walking and talking they didn't think I was as far along as I knew I was... (lol... taking personal phone calls out in the hall :) ) so we get situated, and well within 30 min, Annie, Desi, Megan, and my Midwife (Shawn) had all arrived... while they were asking me the gamut of entrance questions, sign here.. blah blah blah (why they won't let you answer all those questions after, or hey before hand, will never be understood by me... but yeah) so I don't know when I "officially" started pushing... but probably did so for 20-30 min... Chris was able to watch via skype... and we were all laughing and joking until the very end... Tres arrived in the Caul (his water sack didn't break until after he was born, which is supposed to be good luck!) We left the next morning at about 9... and came home a family of 5!

Everything was as perfect as it could be, and I owe that to the friends I have made here in Minot, it was peaceful, and knowing all of the support I had from my fellow Ladyhawks (believe me just knowing I had so many people to call in case I needed something made things so much less stressful), and well friends and family in general Thank you all for everything! and well now the good part:






2 comments:

  1. Congratulations to the Geary's!! Love you lots, LK

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brigette, you are one strong momma! The picture of Chris on Skype in the background put a good lump in my throat. Way to go!!!! I don't want Mason to leave, but he goes when Chris gets back and I do want your babies' daddy to come back to you, so this will help me reconcile our deployment. :) Blessings on you all!!

    ReplyDelete